Floyd Rose Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Rose Help

As most of you know i just got my sl2h, and i just decided to try the trem out.... ive have another double lock trem guitar... and it seems that when pushing down, Making the note go low, the front part of aluminum in front of the saddles hits the little recessed area in front. When i picked up the top part of the aluminum looking across the guitar was level with top of the recess as to compared on my other guitar where the bottom part of the floyd is level with the recess, do I raise the 2 screws on either side of the floyd, but wouldn't that raise my action?

Re: Floyd Rose Help

Hmmm. Ok, so when you push the bar down (dive) the very front of the baseplate (where the saddles are) hits the body? That don't sound normal, but it could be excess clearcoat/paint which has built up/settled right at the edge of the trem cut. My WRXT body was like that, but it was the neck pocket - had to sand the excess clear/paint off the top edge of the pocket to get a neck in there.
    Anyhoo, if you bought it brand new, I'd definitely have the dealer see about getting it fixed or replaced, as the Floyd should NOT touch the body like that (unless it's a crapass Floyd copy like an Ibenhad Edge, which Jacksons aren't designed around).

Anyhoo, post a pic.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yeah theres excess clear coat on there, it was quite messy in the spring cavatiy too, but everything else makes up for it, its so awesome. Anyway the two bolts were already as far in as they could go so i raised them a little bit and it works perfect. thanks for the help.

Comment

If it came from the factory with the mounting screws in as deep as they could go, either someone gave it a bad setup or the bushings aren't deep enough. Were the strings buzzing when the screws were all the way in? If not, there is probably something wrong with your guitar. Post pics if you can...

Comment

Working...
        X