Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adjusting a floyd imitation

hey,

I'm having problems with fret buzz on my '96 Ibanez RG, not when hitting open strings but when I fret at the lower frets from 1st up to about 5th.
    Now, if I am to raise the bridge a little, would that also require tensioning the truss rod?

I am using standard D tuning with .10 DR strings.

regards,

Rune

Re: adjusting a floyd imitation

Nope. Just raise it. I do it all the time. You MIGHT have to fine-tune a leeeeeetle bit, but that's it.

Comment

If you have to raise the action too much it's probably due to the poor fret work on the ibanez. If the neck is straight with the right amount of relief you probably need to get the frets leveled.
      If you'd bought a Charvel or Jackson this probably wouldn't be an issue!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      .....but then again, I've had to do it to those too! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002:
        ...If you'd bought a Charvel or Jackson this probably wouldn't be an issue!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">See, now you're just tempting fate. [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Seems like I do that quite often! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
          X