JCF Color mixing formula??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCF Color mixing formula??

Does anyone know the formula to achieve the cream/ivory/vintage white color on the JCF Rhoads V? Thank you for your time.

Re: JCF Color mixing formula??

Take a whiz in a bucket of white paint ??? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] I'll go away now............

Comment

Yeah, useful answers. I'll talk to someone who may know and get back to you on that one.

Comment

hey jackal! nice to see ya over here. i'd check the HOK site, they may have it... not sayin that's what jackson uses, but it shouldn't be too hard to find an antique white...

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Thanks Sully... Sorry for being an dork, but, what's the HOK site [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
          Is it House of Kolor?
          Because that dude is local to me. All I need is the mixing percentages (or a Pantone number?) & my Auto paint guys will match it.
          By the way thanks for pulling my butt out the fire for, like, the thousandth time.

[ November 20, 2003, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: Jackal ]

Comment

http://www.houseofkolor.com/hok/index.jsp
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Ooops I take that back...
              My local HOK shop isn't around anymore...
              I'll bet they can help me with a location if I contact them though...

Have any close ups of yours for sampling in photoshop maybe?? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[ November 20, 2003, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: Jackal ]

Comment

White paint + 20 years = vintage white [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Carvin has a nice vintage white (classic white). Maybe contact them and see what they use. Here's mine. http://carvin.electricshockmusic.com/toejamsc90_1.jpg
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler:
                    White paint + 20 years = vintage white [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not with a poly clear coat it won't. You'd need to have a nitro coat for it to yellow over time.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I emailed Kevin and apparently they use off the shelf House of Kolor paints. He says it's not cheap though. He bought a quart of blue teal flip-flop paint a couple of weeks ago and it was damn near $100. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

&gt; Try going to your local Cadillac dealer and tell them you want to order a touch up stick in White Diamond Metallic,that is pretty close to the color of my vintage ivory Model 5. If you get the touch up stick,any decent paint shop can mix to match it. Tommy D.
                        "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

Working...
                        X