pick up hight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pick up hight

Hello, I'm new here. I just got a used jackson sl-4. It looks and plays beautifully. I have never used a floyd rose before but I got some info on them and got it all set up nice. However the action seemed really high so I got it as low as I could with out letting any strings buzz. But when I did that the strings were just about hitting the bridge pick-up and I got almost no sound(a strange chiming sound heh) when I plugged it into the amp. So I moved the action as low as I could get it, well still keeping the strings far enough away from the pick-up to sound good. However it still seems kinda high for my liking and from what I have seen on other jacksons. I wanted to know if there was anyway to lower a pick-up? Or if not are there any other solutions to my problem? Thank you very much for your time!

Re: pick up hight

there are 2 screws on either side of the pups, they will raise or lower the height...

[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

There should be two screws to the sides of the pickup in the mounting ring. Tighten them and the pickup will go down.

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Beat me to it!!

Comment

LOL, Thank you very much, I thought it would be something easy like that. Feel kind of silly now [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I've just never had to do much to any of my guitars untill now. Thanks again

Comment

ace;
            Tighten them and the pickup will go down.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">uh, maybe loosen them and the pickup will go down.
            Remember...lefty loosey, righty tighty [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
            X