Help, need info on a re-fret.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, need info on a re-fret.

I want to have my SL2H refretted. (maybe) [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I've had it since fall of 2001 and lots of the frets are worn down a bit. I would rather the guitar came with extra jumbo frets anyway, instead of the medium ones. So these reasons together lead me to want to get some info on a refret job.

How much does that cost?
    Who does it?
    Why is the sky blue?

thanks for any and all info,

nandrew

Re: Help, need info on a re-fret.

A couple hundred $$,GMW!!,Oxygen [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Chucksplatter!!

Comment

You can talk to Kevin at eastonguitars.com .He seems to have some good prices for repairs http://www.eastonguitars.com/WWW/Pages/Repairpric1.html

[ November 16, 2003, 09:36 PM: Message edited by: Model 88 ]
      Mike
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

thanks for the info,
        I've emailed Easonguitars and gmw both.

nandrew

Comment

Since when does the SL2H come with medium jumbo frets? They should be jumbo. Extra jumbo is even bigger! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I guess guitar fret size is sort of like ordering a drink at a fast food place.

medium
            large
            ex' large
            Super size

what if you want a "regular" size drink? maybe your regular is a little bigger than medium. what if you want a small drink? do they think medium is small to you? Shouldn't medium be regular, large be medium, and ex large just be called large? what about super size?

I don't know what I'm talking about, and I don't really care anymore anyway.
            nandrew [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

There actually are "small" frets. They were used on pre-WWII Martins.

Comment

i know everyone charges different prices for a refret... but what do they typically cost? in the past how much have you guys paid for refrets?

Comment

the prices that were quoted to me didn't seem bad. one was a little over a hundred, and one was a little over two hundred dollars. with a turnaround time of about two weeks.

I'll probably be sending the guitar january or february, I haven't decided who to send it to, but it will be either Easton Guitars, or GMW.

nandrew

Comment

Working...
                  X