Daddario Strings ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daddario Strings ?

Daddario used to make strings for Floyds with the balls already cut of and they had litle clips to anchor them in the floyd.

What happened to them, do they still make them cause I haven't seen them in a long while.
    Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Re: Daddario Strings ?

I've never seen D'Addario's version, but GHS has been making them for awhile and still do, I believe.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah, those D'Addarios with the flat clip ends for Floyds ruled. I loved `em. Sadly, I can't find them anymore, either. Out of production, I suspect. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] I can't find the GHS', either.

Comment

GHS still advertises them on their site under Boomers, but they don't sell direct. Maybe email them and see if there's a dealer around you that has them or can order them.

Comment

I've used ghs strings on all my floyd guitars for many many years and I always just leave the balls on the strings and thread the string through the tuner, pull it down through the locknut and to the saddle, clip it, and lock it down. Why does everyone here seem to hate this technique??
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

With the ones I was talking about, you didn't have to clip the end off before putting it in the saddle.

I don't like GHS strings, so that means they aren't better for me [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, but putting the strings in the other way like Mark described, there's no need to clip the strings anyway since the ball end is now up top at the machine head. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

ghs are way better strings anyway.
                Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Sorry Joe, but at least with Daddarios, you still have to clip the end off cause the core of the string extends past the windings on the wound strings. There is about maybe 7 inches of just plain string there with no winding around it and it would need to be clipped before putting it in the saddle.

I just looked at a pack of Ernie Balls that I have laying around and they aren't like that. I guess just the Daddarios, but I have tried Boomer 9- 42 and Daddario 9-42 and the Boomers feel like Lighter strings. Someone said it's because the core is a different thickness.

[ November 17, 2003, 01:44 AM: Message edited by: Rick ]

Comment

Working...
                  X