Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fret replacement

Hey guys--need some input.

I recently purchased a 86 SD and the frets on this guitar are different than those on my newer USA Selects. After playing my SD, I've grown really attached to these fret sizes and prefer them over the my USA's. With that being said, what kind of trouble would it be to have a professional replace the frets on my USA with a different size. Please keep in mind that my USAs have bound fretboards. Just a thought...

thanks,

joe...
    www.godwentpunk.com
    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Re: Fret replacement

Expensive! Especially with bound fret board.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

yeah i had a refret done on an old Mockingbird with binding i think it ran me $250 for the fret job.....i had alot of other stuff done too so i dont remember how much each thing was

Comment

yeah i had a refret done on an old Mockingbird with binding i think it ran me $250 for the fret job.....i had alot of other stuff done too so i dont remember how much each thing was

Comment

You're looking at about $150-250, depending on what the going rate is where you live. I am in school, and I just finished my 5th or 6th refret(all met my instructor's approval) today, and if you want, I can give you a price of less than half what you would pay in a store. Shoot me an email if you are interested. I need to know what kind of fretwire you want.
          ace @lametaltv.com (take the space out)

[ November 14, 2003, 09:19 PM: Message edited by: Ace ]

Comment

haha, I could do it for like 275$ [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] That's cheaper than our going rate! And I have only done zero! *overly confident I could do it.

Comment

Working...
            X