Bulk strings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulk strings?

wheres a good place to get bulk strings im going to make up custom sets 10-49. i know most string are the same is there any i should NOT buy.

Re: Bulk strings?

I buy all my stings thru webstrings . I have been very happy with them. I don't know if they do custom or single string bulk, but I would give them a shout.

Comment

I'm happy with my custom guage sets from www.juststrings.com.

[ November 14, 2003, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: Chuckracer ]

Comment

thanks Chuck thats exactly what i needed.
        do they make u custom sets or do u just buy bulk of each string

Comment

You just buy bulk of each string.

Comment

is there any i should NOT buy.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Bulk strings from Musicians Friend. Those are the Rogue strings. They suck so bad it sounds like you have a constant "chorous" effect on while playing [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] They are good for about 6 minutes then they are completely dead. I have a local music store that sells me 10 packs of D'Addario 10-52's for $33 (I think that may be their cost on them ?). It is cheaper for me to do that then to buy the garbage strings from MF. Since you are doing a custom set I would go with Juststrings like Chuck said. I think those are D'Addario strings that they sell in bulk packs. Good prices too [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[ November 15, 2003, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: kremit ]

Comment

Bulk strings from juststrings.com rule indeed. They're cheap, good as any pack of strings you can get from a music store, and you can customize your guages.

Comment

THANKS much guys. cant wait to setup all my 25 1/2" scale guitars with new custom sets. i was buying 10-52's & 11-49's. using the big strings on my short scale guitars & the rest on my longer scale. it was a pain in the butt & if i didnt do both guitars at the same time i would always lose one string.

Comment

Unless they only buy like 1 box at a time, their cost is well below the 3.30$ per pack.

Comment

Originally posted by kremit:
                    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> is there any i should NOT buy.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Bulk strings from Musicians Friend. Those are the Rogue strings. They suck so bad it sounds like you have a constant "chorous" effect on while playing [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] They are good for about 6 minutes then they are completely dead. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually, I think Pete (Twisteramps) said he uses those strings with great results. If it wasn't him, then it was someone else on this board.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I buy them in boxes(10 per box) from MusicYo.com for $1.79 a set. I'm assuming they are the same as Gibson strings which I've heard are made by GHS. With these sets you get an extra little E and B string for free, 8 strings per set.

[ November 19, 2003, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: Greg Crowe ]

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by kremit:
                        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> is there any i should NOT buy.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Bulk strings from Musicians Friend. Those are the Rogue strings. They suck so bad it sounds like you have a constant "chorous" effect on while playing [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] They are good for about 6 minutes then they are completely dead. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually, I think Pete (Twisteramps) said he uses those strings with great results. If it wasn't him, then it was someone else on this board. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I made the mistake of buying like 20 of each gauge string I played on. Being the tight wad that I am, I used every one. I never had a good result, but then again I am very aggressive & percussive with my technique. Those strings may be ok for a light handed shredder (someone whose playing is very emotive and precise), but not for chunky rhythm progressions. Maybe I should have put it like that instead ---then again, If that guy pounds them like I do, maybe I'm doing something wrong [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X