Single Coil height

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single Coil height

Hey, is there anyway to raise/lower single coil pickups? Ive never owned a guitar w/ SCs before (H H is my favorite) I have a charvel model 6 [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] and the middle pickup (EMG SA i think) is way too high and its interfering w/ my picking hand. Can anyone give me some advice cause im gettin pissed at it. Thanx

Re: Single Coil height

Try tightening the pickup mounting screws. Those single coils are mounted to the body with a screw centered in a conical spring which can be compressed all the way to flatness without causing any interference. If they are as tight as they will go you need to break out the 'ol router!
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Actually Mark is right about tightening the screws to lower it but it may not go completely to the bottom because they originaly used foam "springs" and not the metal coil type(that I have found). It should lower plenty though so give it a try. Just don't strip the head or you'll really be pissed if you ever want to get it out. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Dave->
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

If your pickups say Jackson on them, they aren't EMG's. Your Model 6 came stock with Jackson stacked humbuckers, they are very tall pickups. If you can't seat it flat enough to suit you, take out the pickup and remove the foam pad. Then replace the pickup either with a smaller "spring", or tighten it flat to the bottom of the cavity.

Comment

Yes I should clarify that some did have the foam pads (just remove them) but both of my model 4s had the springs so I figured a lot of them did.
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
          X