TonePros vs. JT390?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TonePros vs. JT390?

I'm thinking about a TOM-style guitar for a future purchase. I've heard good things about the TonePros bridges. How do they stand up relative to the JT390? i.e., Quality of materials, finish, tone, etc. Any other company's TOM bridges worth considering?

Edit: and is the TonePros a drop-in replacement for the JT390?

Bear in mind, I'm a Floyd-type guy with limited experience with TOMs.

Thanks! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[ November 12, 2003, 02:50 PM: Message edited by: shreddermon ]

Re: TonePros vs. JT390?

I've heard great things about the Tone Pros, though I've never played on one. The JT390 is pretty cool, but there's two different versions. The import version is cast metal (which I've got on both my Professional Dinky HX models), the USA version is brass, I believe, with better inserts.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I just ordered new TonePros bridges for two of my guitars, I'll report back when they come in and are set up.
      ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Seriously, ToeJam? That surprises me. Jackson's usual convention is, if the import version of hardware is not the same, then it gets a different model #. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

But - like I said - I have limited experience with TOMs, so I wouldn't know the answer.

Comment

Yeah, I noticed my TOMs are lighter weight than what WarriorX7 had on his guitars. His had the better inserts in the body, too, and he told me the metals were different, that they used brass for the USA ones.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
          X