Wall hangers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wall hangers?

I'm thinking of getting a couple wall hangers for my living room for a couple guitars. Do I need to locate studs in the wall to mount them in or will they be okay going anywhere in the sheetrock?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Re: Wall hangers?

Originally posted by toejam:
    I'm thinking of getting a couple wall hangers for my living room for a couple guitars. Do I need to locate studs in the wall to mount them in or will they be okay going anywhere in the sheetrock?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Better safe than sorry right? Find yourself a stud to screw into.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I have question too. I have heard mixed things about hanging guitars. I hear that hanging them can help keep them straight, and I also hear that hanging them all the time isn’t good for them. What do you guys think? Are they better off in their cases or hanging?

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler:
        Better safe than sorry right? Find yourself a stud to screw into.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ouch, that's gonna hurt, squeal like a pig boy!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'm sorry, I guess I'm just too juvenile to let that go!

Dave-&gt;
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I think guitars should be played!
          Not hung on the wall.....That's why we have the Hard Rock cafe.
          With that said, I keep mine on a stand when they are not hanging around my neck

Krash

Comment

Originally posted by budman68:
            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by zeegler:
            Better safe than sorry right? Find yourself a stud to screw into.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ouch, that's gonna hurt, squeal like a pig boy!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'm sorry, I guess I'm just too juvenile to let that go!

Dave-&gt;
            </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL Makes sense. I'll find myself a stud to be on the safe side. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Krash D Party:
              I think guitars should be played!
              Not hung on the wall.....That's why we have the Hard Rock cafe.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, I've got close to a dozen... only one can be played at a time. I DO PLAY THEM. So why not hang a couple on the wall as decorations? When I want to play them, I can just take one down.

Comment

Originally posted by Bringer of Chaos:
                I have question too. I have heard mixed things about hanging guitars. I hear that hanging them can help keep them straight, and I also hear that hanging them all the time isn’t good for them. What do you guys think? Are they better off in their cases or hanging?
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I've actually got a couple on regular stands. The one I've got in my living room now is my 7-string, and it's on one of those Genesis stands that holds it by the headstock; it's fine. Guitars are fine hanging by their necks... look at all the guitar shops that have been doing it for years. I'd rather have most of them out and about instead of being in their cases all the time.

Comment

Lol @ Budman

Toejam, I'm with you. I like to have my guitars out of the cases and ready to go, but wallhangers keep them out of the way better than floor stands. My 4 yr old son tends to bump into them a lot when they're on floor stands. One day he came walking into the living room dragging one of my babies behind him saying "here's your guitar Daddy". He can't reach them on the wall. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                  Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler:
                    Lol @ Budman

Toejam, I'm with you. I like to have my guitars out of the cases and ready to go, but wallhangers keep them out of the way better than floor stands. My 4 yr old son tends to bump into them a lot when they're on floor stands. One day he came walking into the living room dragging one of my babies behind him saying "here's your guitar Daddy". He can't reach them on the wall. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Haha! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I hear ya about that. I've got a double stand in the corner of my bedroom that usually has my Fender and my Charvel on it. One day I took the Charvel off and was playing it down in the living room, left it there and went up to bed. Well, at 4 o'clock in the morning I was awaken by a loud crash... my cat apparently went behind the stand in the corner and must have got tangled in the strap of the Fender. The whole stand tilted over, but luckily the rubber holder was on to keep the neck in, so the guitar never actually fell out of the stand and just landed on the carpeting and a stack of magazines I had near it. If I had the Charvel on the other part of the stand for more weight, it probably wouldn't have fallen. That damn cat knows better than to screw with my guitars now!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I have about 60 guitars now so they definitely have to be hung on the wall..... or walls all over the house. I have rooms with slatwall mounted into the studs and use the wall hangers that MusicYo.com sells. I also have lots of guitars hanging on the wall directly into the sheetrock using special sheetrock hanger/mounts/screws that you can get at any Home Depot. They consist of plastic plugs you screw directly into the wall, then put up your guitar hanger and put a screw through each hole, into the plastic plugs. My wall hangers into the sheetrock have 3 holes so they take 3 special plastic plug mounts. They hold just fine. I think the box says that 3 mounts can hold like 75 lbs.

Comment

Cool. Thanks, Greg! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Hercules makes an awesome wall mount. I have 3 of them in my music room. When you set the guitar on them these little fingers fall into place. They make it impossible for the guitar to fall off if they get bumped.

Comment

On a related note, how do they mount guitars on an angle?

Comment

Working...
                            X