Sound Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound Cards

(I hope this is the right place for this)

Well its time to buy a new PC...
    I'm looking for a sound card that will enable me to record guitar tracks in great quality. any recommendations?

i was thinking about M-Audio's DELTA 44. What do you think?

thanks for your help

Re: Sound Cards

I've it,great soundcard.I've recorded the last demo of my band with it,no problem at all.Low latency and good ad/da converters.

Comment

www.aardvarkaudio.com

i recomend the q-10 or 2496

we did our entire album on the q-10 with no outboard mixers or effects.

use link in sig to view website
      |
      |
      |
      |
      V
      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I have a M-Audio Audiophile 2496 and it is pretty good for PC recording
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

I have an Echo MIA and my brother has a Layla. I highly recommend these. I've heard great stuff about the M-Audio, too. Just don't get an Audigy...

Comment

I also use an Echo Mia. I use an onboard SoundBlaster clone for standard playback (games, Windows audio, etc.), and run my mixer and monitors through the Echo when working in Cakewalk.
            sigpic

Comment

Ive spent a lot of time in Cubase and Nuendo and all the various VST's, VSTI's, etc, blah.

M-audio products are great! If you got the cash get the Delta 1010, otherwise a 2496 is the B EST bang for the buck with great stable and low latency drivers!

Comment

Hey itzko,

I did the sound card thing for years, and while you can get great results it really depends on how good your pc is. Any of the cards mentioned will work great, better if you only use the pc for audio. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

If you really want to make an investment in recording, go buy a stand alone hard disk recorder. They're far better than using a pc both in design and results. The best investment in my music I've ever made. No latency issues, no software issues, no upgrades, real knobs and sliders. I used to spend more time configuring my computer than recording my music, not anymore!

Have fun,
                Joe

Comment

first, i want to thank all of you for your advice (it realy helped me)

i am in in a middle of buying a new pc and i was wonder is there a recomende spec for a recording pc (cpu, motherboard, etc.)?

thanks again

Comment

make sure you get a intel pentium 4, 800 front side bus. a mainboard with the intel 845 chipset or higher, dual channel dimm slots, at least 512 mem in 2x 256 sticks (so that the mainboard utilizes the dual channel dimm slots) but get as much memory as you can afford in pairs. get at least 2 hard drives; or a real big one and divide it into 2. run all your recording software on the 2nd one (not the one containing the operating system) and make sure to disable the page file on the recording drive so the info writes straight to the disk and not held in memory till shutdown.
                    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel:
                      make sure you get a intel pentium 4, 800 front side bus. a mainboard with the intel 845 chipset or higher, dual channel dimm slots, at least 512 mem in 2x 256 sticks (so that the mainboard utilizes the dual channel dimm slots) but get as much memory as you can afford in pairs. get at least 2 hard drives; or a real big one and divide it into 2. run all your recording software on the 2nd one (not the one containing the operating system) and make sure to disable the page file on the recording drive so the info writes straight to the disk and not held in memory till shutdown.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You can also do fine work on an AMD. Definitely get 2 drives. Partitioning a single drive is bad; even worse than a single NONpartitioned drive from a performance perspective. Do not disable the page file. This has no bearing on the PC writing straight to disk during recording. You MAY wish to make the pagefile a fixed size for various reasons; people disagree about this, but I do it.

Comment

Working...
                      X