DOD YJM308

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOD YJM308

Does anyone have one of these? If so, what kind of low end crunch can you get with one? I'm just wondering because I really like Yngwie's tone but I need to be able to produce something heavier with a bit more crunch. Thanks.

EDIT: If any of the admins see this, could you move it to Amps & Effects please? Thanks.

[ November 06, 2003, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: RattleHead ]

Re: DOD YJM308

The YJM308 is best used as a preamp to slam the front end of he power section of a real tube amp. What this means actually is that the YJM308 acts as another stage of gain if used in between the guitar and the input of a tube amp. If it is used in the effects loop of either a tube or a SS amp it becomes a volume boost with a minor in gain control. Personally I think it is worthless unless you are using it with a real tube amp. When used corectly it adds definition and articulation to every note and chord. Actually it makes everything sound better.

Comment

Alright, thanks.

Comment

it's a good pedal - you can get them cheap on the bay - i got mine for $30 and later sold it for around that. I like a modded tube screamer better - my AnalogMan modded TS9DX kicked the crap out of the YJM308 so I sold it.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

hippi is correct but prepare to spend a ton more money for what he is using.The YJM is great bang for the buck but you have to start with a good tone. If your tone sucks, the YJM will just make it sound "suckier". Remember, it enhances the positives as well as the negatives in regards to tone.

Comment

Working...
          X