Little problem need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little problem need help

Ok, i bought a kramer barreta, its real cool. well anyway i like the quadrail pickups they sound pretty good. most of my other guitars have emg 81's. well anyway i have this little problem that only seems to happen with my kramer, i was thinking maybe its the pickups??? here's my problem, sometimes when im playing i lose alot of my crunch and high end??? i was thinking maybe its my cables but it dosent happen with my other guitars just the kramer, i was also thinking maybe it's the volume or tone pots???(they are probably real cheap since the guitar was 300$ new? could there be something wrong with the pickups??? this is getting on my nerves [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] any help would be apreciated [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] thanx.
    subscribe to my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/deathmetal44
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P-TymW-84g
    www.soundclick.com/gothmetalshredder

Re: Little problem need help

Pickups usually work or don't work. Or the output would be constantly very low, which would mean that the coils snapped. The problem sounds like it is most likely in your cavity wiring. Open the cavity and look for any ugly or tarnished solder joints. Also check the inside with a multi-meter if you have one. If both pickups are going, start by looking around the input jack.

[ November 05, 2003, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: Ace ]

Comment

I think the kramer may be upset because you come to the JCF for tech support. If I buy a Dell computer and it pisses me off I don't call up Gateway b!tchin about it. Is it just me?

[ November 05, 2003, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: mm2002 ]
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

quote by bigfknbang: "i was thinking maybe its my cables but it dosent happen with my other guitars just the kramer"

[img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] well....hmmmmm...I think we're on to something here! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Yeah, what Ace said. The Quad Rails are decent pickups... I got an H/S/S pickguard set from MusicYo, dropped them into a friend's Epiphone Strat copy, and they sounded pretty nice, lots of output.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

It almost sounds like your input jack on the guitar might have a loose wire.

Try this:

While playing an open string with one hand, GENTLY wiggle the cable end going into the guitar. If it seems to "clean up" and/or get weaker, that's probably what's happening. The good news is that this is an easy fix if it's the problem.
            Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Working...
            X