Active Jackson Pickups.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Jackson Pickups.

Hi all new to the board.....I have a RR1 with active jackson pups in it.......1. who makes them? and 2. where can i get a diagram. im familiar with emg wirings, but im not sure if theyre just passives with a preamp or actually actives. ill open it up again but any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    www.myspace.com/adawnwithin

Re: Active Jackson Pickups.

There is a physical circuit board wired to the VU knob. I believe the actual pickups themselves are passive.

Comment

They are passive for sure. Somebody here will come up with a wiring diagram. I have seen them posted.

Comment

they are posted almoust dayly at the moment, but heck...

here you are; http://www.jacksonmuseum.com/archive...f88wiring.html
        tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Thanks guys....I was sure it was posted before but i couldnt find it....sorry for asking again.....ill open it up....i think it has the preamp like my warlock, but there is no toggle switch for it...oh well i think emgs are an order....this was my only axe without them as i liked the sound of the pickups but now its humming something fierce....

Comment

Jackson's got a few different active circuits. There's a mid boost, there's a preamp booster, and there's some kind of wah sweep circuit. I think the preamp booster was the only one that used a switch, the others you usually turn with one of the tone pots.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

well opened it up and theres a board in there that looks nothing like the ones on that url posted above.....hmmmmm.....not sure what ill do becuz i have to wait untill next week for the 81 to come in and i cant go that long without playing it.......lol ok thanks for your help guys

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                Jackson's got a few different active circuits. There's a mid boost, there's a preamp booster, and there's some kind of wah sweep circuit. I think the preamp booster was the only one that used a switch, the others you usually turn with one of the tone pots.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">never heard about this "wah effect circuit"?
                you're not talking about active EQ, are you?

Comment

I don't remember the model number offhand (JE-something), but instead of acting like a normal tone control, it would sweep the frequencies from low to high when you turned it... kind of the same effect when moving your foot back and forth on a wah pedal. I know the old Warriors had that circuit. Might have been like a parametric eq type of thing, but I'm not too sure offhand.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

thx!
                    I think that's it, what I found in ebay lately...
                    maybe I'll bid and try out if I can afford... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X