EMG S vs. EMG SA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMG S vs. EMG SA

Guys, I have the three single coil equipped Warrior Custom with EMG SA pickups. I know they use the alnico magnets and have a warmer tone than the S model. Do you think there would be a noticeable difference between the SA and the S if used in the bridge position? Does the S really give a higher output? Or would a swap be hard to tell? Your opinions are appreciated.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Re: EMG S vs. EMG SA

Their output is the same, just the S features a brighter tone quality accentuated in the upper middle to high frequency response. I paraphrased that from my EMG catalog.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Sank ya, Joe. Does that mean pinch harmonics will come out easier with the S or the SA then? I never understood all those mid/upper mid etc. terms...
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Not too sure, as I've never tried EMG single coils, but I would think maybe the S.
        The only sort of comparison I can give is maybe like trying to compare the Duncan JB to a DiMarzio Tone Zone. The JB is voiced more in the treble and high mid sound, the Tone Zone has more low mids and bass. They both get great harmonics, but they seem to jump out more on the JB. Though, I actually prefer the sound of the Tone Zone. That probably doesn't help much, but I hope it sort of makes sense.

[ November 02, 2003, 12:15 AM: Message edited by: toejam ]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
        X