Earth hum on RR1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earth hum on RR1

Guys, I have just received an RR1 and it's pretty buzzy through my amp (my other guitars with Duncans are OK). Touching the trem doesn't reduce the noise much, but touching the scratchplate and it's fittings does. The earth wire to the bridge seems OK, so any ideas how to quieten it down? (The noise seems a bit too loud to live with by touching the hardware!)
    Cheers
    Ian
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Re: Earth hum on RR1

Check your ground(earth) with a multimeter. The reason that your bridge isn't affecting the hum much, but your pickguard(scratchplate) does is possibly because the paint on your bridge is acting as an insulator. Open it up and double check all your wiring.

Comment

Re: Earth hum on RR1

Touching the strings should lessen the buzz. Even touching the tuners should help a bit. It sounds to me like the bridge ground is weirded out somewhere.

Easier than using a multimeter: Take the trem cavity cover off and touch the springs. If the buzz goes away, Ace is probably right that the trem is somehow acting as an insulator. If it doesn't go away, hit both ends of the wire with a soldering iron to reflow the connections. It could just be a bad solder joint. Most problems of this type are. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
      X