jgcable did it for me.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jgcable did it for me.....

....that is, potted a pickup. You guys remember my post about an old Super Distortion pickup that squealed? Well, our very own JGCable(John G) offered to pot it for me for a reasonable fee. I figured, it is between that or the garbage can, so I gave it a try. Lemme tell ya, THANK GOD I sent it to him instead of throwing it out. I installed it in my 81 Gibson V and it is cured of its former ailment. It kicks major ass, just like it did 20 years ago. If you have a pickup that you love, but it has gone microphonic on you, don't hesitate to let JG hook it up for you. Total time from when I mailed it out until I got it back was just over a week. Great guy to deal with. Thank you John!!!!!
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Re: jgcable did it for me.....

My pleasure and thanks for the feedback! There is nothing better than a vintage Dimarzio or Duncan that is freshly potted. You get the vibe, the tone, the look and no feedback!! Just call me the pickup
    Reanimator!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

That's so cool! Another JCFer providing a valuable service to our bros! Here's to you John [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

How much $
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

PM me or email me and let me know what you have.. I don't want to over step my bounds around here with solicitations. It's a side business that I am trying to get off the ground because I feel there is a real need to save those old vintage pickups and aa nice way to pick up some extra cash. You should hear how good EPI and Fender Squire pickups sound after they are potted. You really can take a super cheap pickup and make it sound great.I would like to try a few Jackson pickups and see what happens. Old Dimarzio and Gibson pickups always turn out fantastic. I have made my own pickups too. I took a Fender Squire single coil and put one side of a Dimarzio Super Distortion underneath it, wired it up and potted the crap out of it. It has a sound that is clear with tons of sustain. Like an HS-3 and a JBjr combined. I sold the guitar (a Vandenberg) to a guy on Ebay and he emailed me inquiring if I could make him another one. I prefer potting. I can also add color or scent if you prefer. Anybody for a Potpourri pickup in red?? John

Comment

I am going to do the next batch with a glow in the dark additive. This way the coils and just the very outline of the base of the pickups will glow in the dark. I always wipe the tops so that they still look completely factory. Yankee Candleshop is getting to be one of my favorite places. [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

Comment

OK, anyway....soooo.....what did ever happen to Aldo Nova??? Fantasy was a killer little tune imo. Oh and BTW, I have a j90c I think I want to get potted. Where do I send it?......and I'd really like to have it done in sort of a flowery boquet with a touch of ginger root.......and glow in the dark would be coooool!!! Could this be done?

[ October 23, 2003, 10:01 PM: Message edited by: mm2002 ]
              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Fuschia? That would be pretty...

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002:
                  OK, anyway....soooo.....what did ever happen to Aldo Nova??? Fantasy was a killer little tune imo. Oh and BTW, I have a j90c I think I want to get potted. Where do I send it?......and I'd really like to have it done in sort of a flowery boquet with a touch of ginger root.......and glow in the dark would be coooool!!! Could this be done?
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't know what became of Aldo vut the entire Fantasy record is good. Not great.. but good. He is a pretty decent Les Paul player. PM or email me if you want the pickup done. I will do it in any flavor or scent you want!! Seriously... let me know. I can do it!!!!!!!

Comment

That's great!! We have the equipment to pot pickups at my school, but nobody I know has ever scented one or made it glow in the dark. That's freakin' awesome!!

[ October 24, 2003, 11:07 AM: Message edited by: Ace ]

Comment

Working...
                    X