Floyd Rose Pro...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Rose Pro...

damn you Floyd, why couldnt u use the same ALLAN keys as your normal Floyds. Can someone PLEASE tell me what Allan Keys I need to change the strings and intonation on my Floyd Pro?

Its not the same os the OFR.

Metric?

Re: Floyd Rose Pro...

To change strings, I use a 9/64 inch hex wrench which is kinda weird cos it's not metric but it's just a hair larger than 3.5 mm. I'm not sure what size is needed for the intonation but I'm pretty sure a smaller metric works. They certainly don't make it easy!
    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

You sure you were ever using the right wrenches?! Cause the OFR is METRIC for sure. The Pro should take a 3 millimeter wrench for the strings/locking nut and a 2.5 millimeter for the intonation...
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Charvel, its not the same as a regular original Floyd. 3mm is swimming in there!

Ill email Floyd Rose

Comment

I went through the same dilemma (looking for a wrench that fits the Pro) several years back when I misplaced the one that came with my Heartfield. By chance I bought some wrenches at a dollar shop and the 9/64" worked which I thought was odd.

Later, when I pulled the trem out to clean it, I was a bit surprised to see that it wasn't made in Germany, but made in the USA. Just underneath the fine tuners it reads "APMW, INC MADE IN USA". I'm pretty sure APMW stands for American Precision Metalworks which was the parent company that Kahler was under. Weird huh? I guess that explains why an English-sized wrench fits. For the intonation screws, a 5/64" wrench works and so does a 2 mm as they're basically the same size.

And after I thought I figured it all out, when I bought another one used from da bay a while back, I find it looks identical to the one I have except it has "Made in Germany" stamped underneath it and the 9/64" wrench is just a hair too big to fit into the screws! SO to make one fit, I had to file down a wrench a little bit on each side til it fit.

Like I said, they don't make it easy to find replacement wrenches!
          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

silly thing with my PRO set-up is, I'm using an OFR nut, which uses different size pad lock nuts than the PRO so to change strings I need 2 wrenches. totally worth it though, the PRO is great.

Comment

Working...
            X