Hate your vintage trem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hate your vintage trem?

Hate your vintage trem and wish you had a hardtail? Check this out!

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...dge?sku=361537
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

too bad you have to drill new holes in the body.

Comment

It's a nice idea.
      But hate the drilling part.
      -Rick

Comment

I personally wouldn't mind the drilling part... unless it was an old vintage Strat.

Comment

I thought they made some that didn't require drilling? Or maybe I'm just imagining things...

Comment

I think that's a good idea - obviously if your guitar doesn't have any collectors value,

I was thinking of getting a model 1 to use as back up, and this could be cool

Comment

just tighten the 6 screws down on your vintage trem, add 5 springs and block the sustain block with a cheap piece of wood. DONE.

Comment

Thanks for the info, Toeman. Reading through the reviews makes me a wee bit negative though. They point out a couple of flaws. Can't help thinking that a Tremsetter would be much smarter, if it fits a vintage trem.

The thing looks cool though! Simple and nice:

Henrik
                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

how would that add more sustain than blocking your trem would? There's no sustain block, so you're already shedding mass by installing it. And would the additional contact you'd have by screwing it to the body front-and-back be an improvement over the additional contact you'd achieve by blocking the trem?

ps. the bridge on my Model 1A gives me no trouble at all. I leave the bar off it and have no problem keeping the guitar in tune
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                    how would that add more sustain than blocking your trem would? There's no sustain block, so you're already shedding mass by installing it. And would the additional contact you'd have by screwing it to the body front-and-back be an improvement over the additional contact you'd achieve by blocking the trem?
                    Don't know. I just thought it was pretty neat looking and had never seen anything like it before. I think some guys on the Fender Forum have it and could probably tell more about it.

Comment

I agree on the sustain bull-crap. Nothing beats this solution for more sustain

Henrik
                      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post

MOSH ON
                        DAVE
                        "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                          just tighten the 6 screws down on your vintage trem, add 5 springs and block the sustain block with a cheap piece of wood. DONE.
                          Actually, on second thought, that's good enough, my friends strat had that done and is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post

You would get more sustain if you had the MT-2's in the correct order!!
                            The 1st one should be at the end. Everybody knows that!!!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                              Don't know. I just thought it was pretty neat looking and had never seen anything like it before. I think some guys on the Fender Forum have it and could probably tell more about it.
                              I agree, it looks pretty neat. And I have a project that it would work pretty good for, but that body isn't routed for a trem so the bridge would be screwed flat to the top.

I just don't buy all the "advantages" they advertise over a blocked vintage trem.
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X