EVH Tape Pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVH Tape Pattern

I'm quite aure where to put this, so if its not in the best place move it please. Now to the point: I decided I'm going to do a tape pattern on my CX391 like Eddie's black and white Frankenstrat. Does anyone know where I could get a pattern for this, besides goiong off a picture? I know before the EVH Art Series came out there was a "crack down" on people selling tape kits/patterns by Eddie. So I guess a better question is: Are there any still out there.

Also what kind of tape? What I had it mind was the tape I use on my hockey stick; a very durable tape, but it isn't a smooth texture, the best way being able to describe its more like a textured, soft, tape. I really don't want to do this though. Would eletrical tape work well and look nice?

Any tape you use on it is gonna look like crap if you are merely using it to similate the lines on Eddies. His is not actual tape. It is the area that was masked off, WITH masking tape, prior to being painted (make sense?). Those lines on his are actually the paint underneath the tape, prior to shooting the next color, on top. Once the second (or, in some cases, third) color was shot, the tape was pulled, leaving different-colored stripes that the color on top.
    I'm not Ron!

Comment

paint a guitar black, put tape where you want the black to remain, then paint it white, remove tape, clear coat it. I'd recommend using blue painter's tape, since it will come off pretty easily.

Pete

Comment

http://www.spacetape.com/
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Wasn't the orginal white and black charvel done with electrical tape? I'm sure it looked like crap up close, but at least it doen't look like crap from far away like his frankenstein guitar.

Comment

They all look like crap

J/K
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

No the original was masked and taped off as describe above. The only differance is the thin pin stripes were actually pinstripe tape. When Eddie painted the original B/W red he pulled off the black pinstripes and the masked it where he wanted to and sprayed it red. The B/W and the R/B/W are the same guitar. I did yellow tape on my black SD strat head for a while while i figured out if i wanted to have it refinished. And it didnt affect the value of it in anyway when i sold it cus the tape just came off. 5 minutes of pullin tape and 5 minutes polishing it was all good. All i did was use a picture of a body like Eddies B/Y with out any neck or electronics or hardware on it. I found it online some where. I just used that as a guide and copied it. Turned pretty cool from what others told me. I used yellow electrical tape. I think im gonna do a similar thing to my 275 but ill mask it off and actually spray it this time. Since the guitar isnt vintage its no biggie.
              Gil
              Last edited by JACKSONFREAK; 10-28-2006, 06:29 PM.

Comment

3M Fineline masking tape is great if you don't want bleed through. It comes off easily and does not leave any residue. It also comes in many widths.
                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

"Charvel Rocker" you have a PM.
                  Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Working...
                  X