Emg hums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emg hums

I just installed an old semi-raped EMG-85 in my Nazicaster, and the thing sounds great. Only it hums. And it hums even worse when I touch the volume knob. Anyone knows what's up?

The condition of the pickup is kinda bad, the pot is kinda old, all the wires are at least 2 smaller wires soldered together. And the soldering job is kinda horrible. I burnt my thumb 5 times and almost set fire to my room(yeeehaw). I also didn't have a proper schematic so I improvised a bit.

Thanx a mil
    thoraby the pirate yaaaargh

It's a HummmmBucker? I'm sorry. Check all your wires. If it's the guts, your done. You may have melted the little pup. I laugh. But, I have all these grand plans and parts and the soldering scars and scares the shit out of me.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
    Last edited by fett; 10-27-2006, 03:50 PM.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Hei grabben!
      Got any pics of the Nazicaster? Curious about how it looks
      "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Originally posted by Guitardude86 View Post
        Hei grabben!
        Got any pics of the Nazicaster? Curious about how it looks
        +1

Comment

It's not really nazi, I just call it nazi

Comment

Wow!! Awesome! Did it cost much to have the paintjob done, or did you do it yourself?
            "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Man, that's an old pic, Thoraby. I remember Chuckracer loved your belt. I remember important stuff Cool axe!
              Henrik
              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
                Man, that's an old pic, Thoraby. I remember Chuckracer loved your belt. I remember important stuff Cool axe!
                Actually that belt belongs the the previous owner. I also don't own any cameras. You have teh weird memory

The paintjob was done when I got the axe, no clue who did it. Anyone know what's wrong with the nazi?

Comment

Well I fixed it on my own. Some more impromptu soldering fixed it.

/thoraby pirate

Comment

Working...
                  X