Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuning problem

(Not sure what terms to search for...)
    I know I've seen a thread on this before, but...??? When I tune the G string on my CS KV 7, it 'pings' and jumps high... It stays as I'm tightening, and then the 'ping' noise and it jumps. It's very hard to tune that string, every time. (By the way, tune-o-matic bridge.) Also happens on my Les Paul, same string. I remember someone saying something about an imperfection in the nut, but it appears to be fine... What gives?
    Hardware: all black, all the time.

The string is sticking in the slot, could be from normal friction or maybe the slot is a little on the small side. Easy fixes are putting a little graphite powder in the slot (or pencil lead) or buying some 'nut sauce':
    http://www.zzounds.com/item--BIBNS

If you've changed strings to a higher gage, you might need to get a nut file and open the slot a little, then use one of the above things.

Comment

nut sauce... LMAO!!!

Yeah your string is just sticking in the nut. Do what MD said or you can even enlarge it a BIT with some sand paper.
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Thanks guys!!! I'll try it.
        Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Working...
        X