Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buzz at the 1st fret on high e string

hi everyone,
    something strange is happening to my usa ke2.
    due to the change of season i had to readjust the action on my guitar.
    the problem is a buzz on the 1st fret on the high e string.
    something that never happened before.
    i read that this might be due to the fact that i the neck does not have enough bow.
    now if this was the case, why do i get a buzz only on the high E and only on the 1st fret?
    should not this happen to at least the E,B,G strings?
    anyway i checked the relief, this is the way i do it: use a capo on the 1st fret and press the string on the 24th fret on the low E and mesure the distance between the bottom of the string and the top of the fret ( at 12th fret ) and i can see that there is some relief, tiny but it`s there, so the neck is not 100% flat nor back bowed.
    also, i don't think there is anything wrong with the frets because the guitar was just perfect 1 month ago...

what's happening to my beautiful baby?

thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.

Marco

JMO...if the guitar was fine previously, and there has been no trauma introduced to the guitar (fall, bump, dropping etc.) than it must be mechanical (i.e. either the fret has "lifted" due to the seasonal change or MAYBE the truss rod needs to be adjusted a tad bit more.

My initial thought is most likely the fret has lifted just a bit...

Also, just because you get buzz on one fret/string does not necessarilly mean that it will affect the others in the same way...sometimes yes, sometimes no...each guitar is different.

Comment

1.) Fret could have lifted a tiny bit at the high E.

2.) Nut may have settled or grooved somehow and may need shimmed.

3.) You may not have enough neck relief.

4.) The change in weather *may* have caused your neck to twist.

Take it to a tech would be my recommendation.

Comment

Working...
      X