Guitar stands for RRs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar stands for RRs?

Hey for those of you with Rhoads Vs, what guitar stand do you use? The normal ones that I use for KVs won't work too well.
    Last edited by MetalGrasshopper; 10-16-2006, 12:26 PM.

The Hercules:

Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

yep, Hercules GS412B:
      http://www.herculesstands.com/guitars/GS412B.html

Unfortunately they're hard to get here in Slovenia, so I'll get one imported from Austria soon .

Comment

i just use my regular guitar stand. i just rotate the bottom piece that the guitar sits around 180 degrees and it works perfectly.

Comment

Mine is called Ultimate Genesis (or is it the other way round?).

It's perfect for almost all shapes.
          http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Do a web search on "Ultimate GS-100".

These are good stands for Rhoads and V guitars.

Comment

Hercules rocks! Well worth importing one IMHO.

The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Sanc, seeing your cool armor pic, i'm pretty sure we've had this exact thread before. About The Hercules that is. Well..
                Henrik

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcat View Post
                  Mine is called Ultimate Genesis (or is it the other way round?). It's perfect for almost all shapes.
                  Does it take the Rythmist?
                  Henrik

Comment

that body support (yeah right) kept flipping into the stand's vertical pole of my hercules stand. so i traded it for a xcg stand and don't have a problem. my warrior's rear top fin still touches the carpet (thank fuck it is CARPET). i wanted the quiklok catch-o-matic but it's impossible to get one. too bad (sigh)
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

A bit further on this.....I am not a big fan of the Hercules stands as I prefer to have the guitar basically supported entirely by the bottom (not the headstock/neck) of the guitar like the xcg or derivatives of this stand. I have a quicklok catch-o-matic and it is problematic as well. The stand is lined with cheap fabric where the body of the guitar rests against it and is just damage waiting to happen. As well it has a weird mechanism for holding the guitar. The electric version has one prong at the bottom to support the entire weight of the guitar and kind of collapses around it, sometimes fitting, sometimes not. A heavy guitar puts weight on that one prong and pulls the mechanism downward not really supporting the guitar properly (imho). It provides the carpet clearance (there is probably a joke there somewhere) however all kidding aside it doesn't really work for an RR, Warrior or unique shaped guitar.

That said, what I have been looking for is a XCG type stand with a higher/longer base. One where the two pronged support attaches to the base higher from the floor thus accommodating the longer wing of an RR1, Warrior etc., while at the same time supporting the guitar from the bottom allowing the neck/headstock to just rest against the top of the stand. I have tried flipping the pronged support over and that works, however it is obviously not how the stand was meant to be used.

Anyone seen something like this XCG with a higher/longer base? My otherwise next step is to go from "Metal Shop" to actual Metal Shop to try and fabricate a few. Thanks gang.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctuary View Post
                        Hercules rocks! Well worth importing one IMHO.

Nice guitar!!!
                        Is this a 2006 RR 3?
                        Nice background btw...
                        Last edited by Special-K; 10-25-2006, 03:01 PM.
                        Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Originally posted by Special-K View Post
                          Nice guitar!!!
                          Is this a 2006 RR 3?
                          Nice background to...
                          haha no, it has ebony, mop sharkfins and binding...easy to distinguish between RR3 and RR1/RR Pro.

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
                            haha no, it has ebony, mop sharkfins and binding...easy to distinguish between RR3 and RR1/RR Pro.
                            also you can just barely see where it says "Made in U.S.A." on the headstock

Comment

even if you can't quite make out "Made in U.S.A", it's clearly too short to say "Professional" and the features preclude it from being a "Performer"
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X