Restoring an old Ibanez Blazer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restoring an old Ibanez Blazer

Okay then, a few years ago I became the owner of a body of an early eighties Ibanez Blazer in brown that had been routed for a double locking Vibrato and came without any of the original hardware or electronics.

Recently I started work on this thing, I stripped it and re-finished it two tone sunburst (the picture doesn't do it justice, it actually looks like a vintage Fender strat sunburst), I made a luthlite pickguard which I sprak painted gold from the underside, the same way Gretsch does their pickguards. And, because I didn't have the original neck I put on an old Hondo neck which actually is a perfect fit.

I need to find a Vibrato that I can put on there and a couple of strat pickups but it already looks really good.

Was that chisled out with a spoon, or carved out with a pocket knife?
    I would have filled the ugly hole and then gave it a solid finish.
    Actualy I would have used it as firewood, but I guess it's ok to experiment with.
    -Rick

Comment

wait a minute, are you saying that is the After picture?
      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I think we need a "before" pic to truly appreciate your craftsmanship.
        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
          wait a minute, are you saying that is the After picture?
          :ROTF: Harsh, but funny.
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
          X