Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me identify some old Jackson pickups.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me identify some old Jackson pickups.

I posted this thread on Jackson Guitar Palace a while ago, but I'd like some second opinions.

Here are the fronts if that helps at all,

and the backs.

I'm wondering if the top one is a J-50BC, because the sticker seems to have a tiny sliver of another letter on it. Also, the DC is slightly higher than the bottom (10.8 vs 10.2). However, the insides appear to be the same on each, and I'm not 100% sure as to what a ceramic looks like vs an alnico.
    They came from this MIJ Rhoads Pro (SN J001578), which now has EMGs.

(Don't mind the ESP in the back)

Most likely a J-50B and a J-50 just like the labels say. J-50 was a neck pu and the J-50B is the corresponding bridge version.... absolutely normal for a setup like that to be shipped out.

Lemme guess: you want to put it in the ripoff that I didn´t see off to the right?

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus View Post
      Most likely a J-50B and a J-50 just like the labels say. J-50 was a neck pu and the J-50B is the corresponding bridge version.... absolutely normal for a setup like that to be shipped out.

Lemme guess: you want to put it in the ripoff that I didn´t see off to the right?
      Nope. And have you ever played an SV, or any ESP for that matter? It's an incredible guitar. I find this constant Jackson/ESP battle hilarious, by the way. Why do people feel like they need to take sides and bash the "other guys" when their criticism has no ground?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Johnson View Post
        Nope. And have you ever played an SV, or any ESP for that matter? It's an incredible guitar.
        I was a dealer for 15 years, thank you. I said nothing about the quality, nor have I ever done so. Instead you decided to get a burr up your ass about a comment that was obviously intended in jest.

For christ´s fucking sake you yourself said "Don't mind the ESP in the back" and I purposely played on exactly that so that even the most stupid reader would realize the intent immediately.

Originally posted by Ben Johnson View Post
        ....Why do people feel like they need to take sides and bash the "other guys" when their criticism has no ground?
        For the record, the Jackson Rhoads was introduced YEARS before the SV, and the SV only came into existence after ESP was sued for trademark infringement on both the headstock and the body shape. Where do you see "no Ground" for the description of "ripoff", Ms. Keller?

Either way, you´ve got your info. Now all you have to do is get over yourself.
        Last edited by Zerberus; 10-08-2006, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Jeez. I'm sorry, but I've run into countless ridiculous "ESP sucks/Jackson sucks" arguments, and I'm tired of it. But thanks for the info and insults.

Comment

I agree that the Ms. keller comment was uncalled for. But as you may have noticed, I don´t take lightly to total strangers asking for advice and then insinuating BS when it´s unwarranted, especially when they try to back it up with more BS.

Even more so when it amounts to putting words into my mouth or assuming to know who I am and what I do better than I myself do.

Next time, next thread

Comment

nice rhoads btw..

Comment

Hi Ben Johnson (if that IS your real name )

The catalog page says stock pups were J50B and J50(N)

http://www.audiozone.dk/CatalogScans...ges/Page39.htm
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus View Post
                  I agree that the Ms. keller comment was uncalled for. But as you may have noticed, I don´t take lightly to total strangers asking for advice and then insinuating BS when it´s unwarranted, especially when they try to back it up with more BS.

Even more so when it amounts to putting words into my mouth or assuming to know who I am and what I do better than I myself do.

Next time, next thread
                  Sorry to have gotten off on the wrong foot.

Comment

Send me those J-50s I love them.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                      Hi Ben Johnson (if that IS your real name )

The catalog page says stock pups were J50B and J50(N)

http://www.audiozone.dk/CatalogScans...ges/Page39.htm
                      1990...what a time to be alive.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                        Send me those J-50s I love them.
                        Do you have a J-50BC you want to trade them for?

Comment

No I dont, I have 1 extra J50-B.I do have a J-80c and a Duncan JB.
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                            No I dont, I have 1 extra J50-B.I do have a J-80c and a Duncan JB.
                            PM sent

Comment

Working...
                            X