What dimarzio is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What dimarzio is this?

On the back it just sez dimarzio pickups Made in the USA,white wire, black wire, and ground, reads a little over 12 ohms with my cheap meter.

sorry about the crappy pics
    METAL, LIVE IT!

PAF Pro?

Comment

Would help if you could actually SEE the pickup in the shot, instead of a big blur. I feel like I have beer-goggles on.
      I'm not Ron!

Comment

Back the camera up and focus.
        Use the zoom on the camera... most PHD (push here dummy) cameras can't focus on anything closer than 1 meter.
        -Rick

Comment

Its hard to tell in the pic but its either a PAF pro or a Super Distortion. None of the older ones were marked.

Comment

didnt the PAF pro have one set of fixed poles & ones set like that. ide say super distortion or super 2/3

Comment

Originally posted by Racerx2k View Post
              I feel like I have beer-goggles on.
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

yeah, can you get a better pic? Its most likely going to be a Super D or Paf as they are the most common ones. Being 12 ohms im guessing Paf... ?
                Guitars:
                '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                Amp:
                VOX AD30VT

Comment

All of the sudden, my picture-taking skills seem pretty kick ass! Thanks for making me look good.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Your welcome, actually it's my crappy 2.0 camera, and the flash wont work, i'll get some better pics.
                    METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Are those all the poles Hex screws? Looks like a Super Distortion to me. You can email some clear pics to Dimarzio and they will help identify it. I have an old Hamer branded Dimarzio made PAF that they helped me to identify with a picture.
                      Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Looks like a SD...most Paf Pro's have black poles.

Comment

Super 2 and Super distortion were basically the same pickup, minor variances. It looks like an old super distortion but the resistance rating should be closer to 13.3. Braided line with a black and white w/ grd means it was likely built in the 70's. Red wire is hot I believe.

Comment

Working...
                          X