No announcement yet.

Truss rod cause back of neck to change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truss rod cause back of neck to change?

I was adjusting my truss rod a little tighter, and there was a little bit of resistance, I've since moved it back. Now I've put quite a bit more relief in the neck. I don't know if I'm imagining things but it seems like the neck is thicker at fret 1 than at fret 3. If I measure it it looks 1mm thicker, although it's hard to tell. Would overtightening the truss rod cause the back of the neck to stick out, or are jackson necks just thicker at the 1st fret? I'm not sure if it was this thickness before the adjustment.

The truss rod can't make the neck thicker.On a Jackson with a floyd I set the neck as straight as I can.Some guitars need a little relief.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

yea, all guitars can be a little different depending on how you like the action, i dont mind a mediun action,but some guitars will set up with the neck dead straight, with really low action, some guitars need a little relief, which of course will raise action.
      METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

If the truss rod was overtightened couldn't the nut dig into the back of the neck and cause it to go outwards under the pressure?

Comment

Working...
        X