Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pickup rust

hey people.. i got a DK2.. bought it allmost a year ago

i have noticed that on the single coil pickups.. there is rust (or something that looks like rust) building up on each of the magnets (or how ever you call these small things that match each string)

WTF .. i dont live under any extreme conditions... just canada
    lol but seriously, i live in toronto, no extreme weather changes , i keep my guitar outside on the stand, regular room temprature

whats wrong?
    If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

Moisture in the air I suppose? Just be smarter than me and don't use steel wool to clean it off... magnet... steel... LMAO.
    |My CSG gallery|
    (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Originally posted by m2pmd70 View Post
      Moisture in the air I suppose? Just be smarter than me and don't use steel wool to clean it off... magnet... steel... LMAO.
      Yep, I think we all learned that one the hard way!
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Had the same thing happen with a couple of my pickups. But my strings rust quickly too because I have disgusting sweat or something. So I figured the corrosion was due to me not wiping down the ENTIRE guitar after I played. So now I do that. To clean it, try some of those cloths Dunlop sells for polishing frets. It's kinda like a sticky rubbery cloth, almost like the stuff used to polish fiber optic cables. Or you could try Mother's polish (for cars I believe, in the Navy we use it for polishing brass and steel, works very well) or a similar type cleaner.
        EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

Most likely high humidity in your area, I keep packs oof dessicant in ma cases for this reason.

It will come off just fine with a pencil eraser

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelLitvak View Post
            ...building up on each of the magnets (or how ever you call these small things that match each string
            Not meaning to be a smart ass but they're called pole pieces.
            I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

little upadte : i could just scrape it off with my pick... not sure exactly what it was but its gone
              If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

Comment

My guess its FUNK build up from your disgusting body fluids.Hell you said it first.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                X