ESP Arming Adjuster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESP Arming Adjuster

OK got one all set up and they are not bad.

It was not hard to install - except for the frickin small screws that they come with - little bastards would slip and fall amongst some of the springs. One got lost in my PUP cavity - probably sticking to one of the magnets as I write this.
    I had to get another screw - which for these is a No. 3 screw - they are hard to find.

As was stated earlier the guitar has a bit more resonance and I like the feel of the strings better.

I usually block my trems but I figured I would try this once. I like it but these things are not cheap. You can get a PUP for what they want for one of these.

I left all 3 springs in because I like the string tension that way. The directions mention removing the middle spring. I just moved one spring over to my high e side of the guitar and put the ESP in between the gap. Its offset from the middle but that does not cause any problems.

Also, it hits the trem block but the unit rides a little high - so it hits the trem block at an angle and not flush. Again this causes no problems at all.

I do like this better than the normal wood block I usually put in.
    Last edited by shredmonster; 09-29-2006, 12:12 PM.
    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

How stiff did you adjust your arming adjuster?

I put mine so I could bend a little over a full step anywhere on the neck with the G string and the trem not move but, my trem bar is pretty stiff now. Its a '91 Ibanez Edge trem. I'm going to try a little less Adjuster pressure for my next install to compare.

Another advantage i've noticed is when i finger finger pick or pluck strings, in the old blues style, I don't get that warbling sound I get on my totally free floating trems.

Comment

Working...
    X