Is this trem still made?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this trem still made?

From what I've been able to find out, I believe it's called the JT590? It's a Jackson licensed floyd made by Schaller. Shortened bullet style string locking screws, not like the longer ones you see on a normal OFR. I stripped out one of the intonation screw holes on a saddle a while back, and bought a replacement base plate off ebay. But I'd really like to get a whole brand new trem for my guitar. I also found out that they made a FR II that had hardened steel inserts so this stripping did not occur. Did they ever make it like this? I tried ordering one from Schaller, who said I had to talk to Fender. So I ordered it from Fender, and waited close to 2 years before I just cancelled the order.

I know most of you will say 'just get an OFR' but I'd like to keep the guitar the way it was built, by having this trem on it. I actually like the die-cast over the steel trem.

I know someone from here ordered and (recently received) a Jackson CS with JT590 trem. But I doubt you could get one directly from them....
    Anyway, Schaller floyd is the same as JT590, but with hardened steel inserts . I think they're more expensive then OFR though...

Why don't you ask in Ask Jackson section?

Comment

The JT-590 is AFAIK still available from the custom shop on accordingly ordered guitars. It´s simply a Schaller Floyd Rose (aka FR II, the inserts were added after about 3 years but the rest reamined unchanged) with a Jackson logo stamped on the bass side instead of the Schaller stamp. All parts are directly interchangeable with the current Schaller Floyd Rose II.

If anyone needs them, I have a source for brand new Schaller Baseplates with the inserts, but as I´m in Germany it will cost about half as much as a whole trem would stateside. PM me if interested

And "Just get an OFR" is not a viable option in this situation anyway, 1. becasue of the trem´s different baseplate geometry and mounting distance, and 2. becasue of the longer locking screws hitting the back of the rout.
      Last edited by Zerberus; 09-28-2006, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
        Why don't you ask in Ask Jackson section?
        Cuz I'm a n00b. Sorry.

Comment

Actually this is a good place to ask. Also he got his answer much quicker.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I'd have posted that question here too....but according to much of my recent activity...what do I know?
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
            X