Neck Replacements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck Replacements

I need to purchase a lefty neck to fit a 3 2/16 neck pocket. Most of the popular online vendors will not make me one at this size. Does anyone know of a company that will make me a custom neck?

thanks,

joe....
    www.godwentpunk.com
    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

You mean 2 3/16, and you need 2 1/4. Check out Musikraft

Comment

3 2/16" would be 3 1/8" wide - 7-string?
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

More like a 9...

Comment

I need to stop writing posts after a long day...

This body is an 83' lefty charvel with a narrow 2 2/18 neck pocket. Would size neck heel would I need then? Again, most of the online places only make necks for a 2 3/16 neck pocket.

joe...
          www.godwentpunk.com

Comment

Joe, we righties don't understand lefty rulers.. do you mean 2 1/8"?

Comment

ARGH... I don't have the body in my hands....yet. I'm selling a bunch of stuff on ebay to get the cash. Here is the link to the auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Left-handed-Prep...QQcmdZViewItem

I did find this place (http://www.usacustomguitars.com) that looked like they might be able to make a custom neck.

joe...
              www.godwentpunk.com

Comment

From what I read it looks like the body has a 2-1/8" wide neck pocket. Best bet is to widen the pocket a little to fit a 2-3/16" neck. If you need help with that let me know!

Comment

I may need some help. I can't find anyone with a neck to fit. I really didn't want to mess with the original layout but I may have too if I can't find anyone whom will make me a neck to fit. The USCUSTOMGUITARS comp. will not be able to help.

What process would this body need to go through to make the pocket a bit larger? Ideally, you'd want to take 1/32 off each side to keep the middle in the middle, right?

joe...
                  www.godwentpunk.com

Comment

Originally posted by GodWentPUNK View Post
                    I may need some help. I can't find anyone with a neck to fit. I really didn't want to mess with the original layout but I may have too if I can't find anyone whom will make me a neck to fit. The USCUSTOMGUITARS comp. will not be able to help.

What process would this body need to go through to make the pocket a bit larger? Ideally, you'd want to take 1/32 off each side to keep the middle in the middle, right?

joe...
                    That's correct. The best way to do that is with a router and a template of course.

Comment

Working...
                    X