Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-Floyd Jackson pickups

Hi All,
    A quick question. Do non-Floyd Jacksons still use "f-spaced" or "trembucker" pickups in the bridge or can they use pickups designed for guitars like Les Pauls?
    Thanks!
    Guitars:
    Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
    1988 Model 2,
    Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
    RR3
    Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
    1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
    2005 SG Special

My string thru USA's have f-spaced bridge pickups in them. The concensus here is that it is just for looks so the strings go over the pole pieces properly and a standard spaced pickup will work just as good.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Either type works well. If you really want to anal about it, or just want to know the details, go to Dimarzios and Duncans websites. They give the suggested bridge widths for each type. Then go somewhere like Warmoth or StewMac and lookup the bridge measurements. The bridge widths are all over the place. Some TOMs are actually wider than the original tremelo units that Dimarzio based the orginal "f-spacing" on in the first place. Nothing's set in stone, but for modern bridges, I stick with the f-spaced or trembucker on all of them and use the standard width pups in the neck position.

Comment

Originally posted by beaner View Post
        Either type works well. If you really want to anal about it, or just want to know the details, go to Dimarzios and Duncans websites. They give the suggested bridge widths for each type. Then go somewhere like Warmoth or StewMac and lookup the bridge measurements. The bridge widths are all over the place. Some TOMs are actually wider than the original tremelo units that Dimarzio based the orginal "f-spacing" on in the first place. Nothing's set in stone, but for modern bridges, I stick with the f-spaced or trembucker on all of them and use the standard width pups in the neck position.
        I know what you mean. I have a 1978 Gibson Les Paul that I have to use an "F-spaced" Dimarzio because of the bridge spacings. You're right, they're all over the map. Thanks for the response!
        Guitars:
        Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
        1988 Model 2,
        Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
        RR3
        Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
        1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
        2005 SG Special

Comment

Working...
        X