Jack Contact Cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack Contact Cleaner

Found one by CAIG - use to be called Pro Gold. Recommended by Budda Amps.

Now its called DeoxlT

They also sell swabs that won't lint.

You can get the stuff right off their website.
    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Cool, thanks!
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Yep, that's the stuff Dan Erlewine recommends. Some of the cans used to come with an adjustable "volume" control on the amount that could be sprayed from the can. I don't know if they still do.
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I thought I read somewhere that you don't want to use lubricant in jacks, but am probably confusing that with something else. Can someone confirm whether or not lubricant in the cleaner is OK for jacks? I need to clean the effects loop jacks on one of my amps.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone View Post
          I thought I read somewhere that you don't want to use lubricant in jacks, but am probably confusing that with something else. Can someone confirm whether or not lubricant in the cleaner is OK for jacks? I need to clean the effects loop jacks on one of my amps.
          Already did Ryan. I called them. Thats when they told me not to use Q Tips - nothing with lint. So their product is about $9.00 amd the lint free swabs are about $6 or so plus delivery.
          PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Watch out the contact cleaner doesn't get on your guitar... it could ruin the paint! It happened a couple years ago on an Eerie Dess Swirl Warrior that Ken (WarriorX7/FirebirdZ) used to own. Watching the paint bubble and peel off was not cool.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
            X