Cleaning Effects Loop Jacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning Effects Loop Jacks

I was reading in Musicians Hotline Mag that if you experience volume ups and downs with an effect through your amp that the problem is most likely your jacks need cleaning.

They recommended a product which I don't remember now - some kind of spray I think.

Anyone ever clean your effects loop jacks? I am wondering what the process is.
    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

If anyone has a link to the device that supposedly cleans out input jacks, please post it. I remember it being some deal like you push it in the jack a few times and it makes it like new, assuming theres no physical damage to the jack aside from corrosion. I would love to have one of these devices.

Comment

shredmonster, I guess you mean contact cleaner. i've never seen one though, but that's probably cause I was never looking for one .

Comment

one thing i would try (not on my amp though haha) is to put some rubbing alcohol or something similar on a cotten swab and clean the contacts. probably the same thing that nazgul is talking about

Comment

There was a cleaning tool available called the ConducTool, but they have been discontinued for a while now. I don't know if anyone else makes anything similar or not. I used to have one, and they were pretty nice for cleaning jacks. If I could find anyone with some old stock I'd buy another one.
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I have one of those ConducTool gizmos. Works great. Cleans jacks as well as 1/4" plugs on instrument/speaker cables.

It's supposed to leave some kind of protective barrier on the metal contacts, but I think that might be a bunch of hoey, not Gary Hoey, but hooooey.

Comment

Working...
            X