Jackson Speed Neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Speed Neck

I'm starting to build KV-2 replica and would need everything available information about Jackson Speed Neck....exact measures etc.

I'm new here and have to say this is a great forum...I have one USA Jackson and Model 6 Charvel from 86.

Thanks in advance.

Best way to do that is buy one and measure it
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

If you can, play one of the new pointy head Charvels; the neck shape is very similar. It's slim, but not too slim. And according to John, the Jackson Marketing Guy...

Jackson has a "standard" neck profile (used on the Soloist, Dinky, Kelly, Warrior, and KV2T), and a slightly thinner "Speed" neck (used on the KV2). The San Dimas backshape found on the pointy head Charvel guitars is similar to the Jackson Speed neck, but has a slightly different feel.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'm not sure what he meant by standard profile because a Dinky and Soloist necks are like Night and Day.

Comment

Welcome to the board!!! Post to 100 and 45 days and get permission to get to the Classifieds. In the meantime, these guys will figure it out. Read the rules and just don't ask anyone to sell one to you.:ROTF:
          Last edited by fett; 09-18-2006, 09:38 PM.
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by slash
            I'm not sure what he meant by standard profile because a Dinky and Soloist necks are like Night and Day.
            Yeah, I just realized that. A Dinky neck is definitely thinner than a speed neck, too.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Which is the thinnest USA neck then? My import KE-3 has one of the thinnest necks i've played.

Comment

The older (mid/late 90's) Jap Dinkys had the thinnest necks I can ever remember on a Jackson.
                My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
                X