Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolled/Rounded Fretboard Edges

Hi All,

I was wondering if it is possible to have an after market fretboard rolling/rounding done? If so, does anyone have recommendations on a shop that would do a good job of it?

My '83 Charvel has nicely rounded fretboard edges that make it very comfortable to play. I don't know if it came that way from the factory, was done later, or is from years for use. I would love to have the fretboards on my new Charvels that way.

Thanks,

-Joe
    Jackson: DK1
    Charvel: CS (CSB), SD (RGF), SD (Bullseye), SD '83 (HRF)

rsguitarworks.net
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufue
      is from years for use.
      Bingo!
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah, you can have that service done. Seen it offered before. Shouldn't be a prob finding a luthier who can do it.
        I'm not Ron!

Comment

Just grab a razor blade and start carefully scraping between the frets. This is how fender rolls their fretboard edges. Then hit it with 000 steel wool (MASK YOUR PUPS!)

Comment

The way postal says is the way I do it just be careful and not take off too much too quick.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Thanks for the help and advice guys. I think I am too chicken to do it myself though; but if I use my '83 as a guide I might be able to pull it off. I will have to think about this for while.

-Joe
              Jackson: DK1
              Charvel: CS (CSB), SD (RGF), SD (Bullseye), SD '83 (HRF)

Comment

Working...
              X