I modified a Dean ML

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I modified a Dean ML

Yesterday I bought myself a Dean ML from their cheapest line and I gave it a bit of a makeover. Since the guitar already was in brown mahogany I figured it to be prettier if I gave it a 1958 Gibson look.

and so it went from this.

To this.

So what do you guys think of the result?

If you like it great, that's the main thing. I personaly like it better without the PG but it's not my guitar

Comment

Looks pretty good, but I would make the pickguard follow the contours of the lower horn too.
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Well I'm guessing that was just a stock Explorer type 'guard. I like it! I don't lik e the MLs in plain wood, so the pickguard adds something nice. Wouldn't do the same to a figured top one though.

Comment

Nope I sawed out the pickguard myself. It was clear plexiglass which I coated with white spray paint at the back.

I was going for the vintage Explorer and Flying V look since the ML is a mix of the Explorer and Flying V shape.

Comment

Looks great! Coming from a dime fan that speaks volumes, good creative design!

Comment

I like it, looks awesome.

Comment

makes me want one of those Noir ML's with a floyd...but i wouldnt put a pickguard on it. just leave it "none more black" LOL good job though those cheaper deans really play well...my buddy has a lower line Evo that plays very nice, and i know another guy with a Dean strat copy and it plays pretty well too. i wonder how their licensed Floyds are...the Noirs are reasonbly priced...

nooo!!! i cant buy anything else right now, i just picked up a PSA-1 and Mosvalve power amp...stupid G.A.S.!
                My metal band Lucian Scott
                Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
                Available Now!
                New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

Working...
                X