new kahler lock nut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new kahler lock nut

I want to buy a new kahler lock nut in Gold. I see that the Kahler USA site has them for $40. Are there any dealers out there that sell them for less? That seems steep....

Try Evilbay. You may get lucky.
    I'm not Ron!

Comment

I've had them on my ebay watch list for months now... nobody ever sells the gold ones!

Comment

Kahler sells their stuff cheaper on eBay. I've bought a few parts from them, quick turnaround w/priority shipping. $29.00 aint bad for a new one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kahler-Standard-...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Excellent, thanks! Guess I should have been searching for "kahler stringlock" instead of "kahler string lock"

Comment

There ya go. Good luck. Tell us how it went.
            I'm not Ron!

Comment

Beware of those replacement nuts, as they are R2 sized (unless something has changed in the last couple of years). If you're replacing the lock on an older Charvel/Jackson (Kahler or JT6), they aren't a direct replacement. Functionally, you can make it work, but it won't look right.
              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

What size would one need to replace the after the nut string lock on an older Charvel ('86-'89)? Are the mounting holes different?

Comment

Yes, the mounting holes are spaced differently, and even though it's only 1/16" narrower, the string angle just isn't right where they exit the lock and lay on the phenolic nut. To my knowledge, you can't get the 1 11/16" (R3) locks any more.

Comment

F***

Maybe a prayer that Dave "BUDMAN" can start machining his own parts like lock nuts. I know I'd buy several.

Comment

Hmm.. that definitely sucks indeed as the guitar is an '86. I'll post an update when I get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bert
                        Hmm.. that definitely sucks indeed as the guitar is an '86. I'll post an update when I get it.
                        Don't get too bummed, like I said, you CAN make it work.

Comment

wait, what kind of kahler lock nut are we talking about here? I have a bunch of 80's guitars with behind the nut kahler lock nuts and the new ones line up just fine - they are identical.

mark, it sounds like you are talking about the kahler floyd style lock nuts.
                          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by Bert
                            I want to buy a new kahler lock nut in Gold. I see that the Kahler USA site has them for $40. Are there any dealers out there that sell them for less? That seems steep....
                            $30-$40 is the going rate for any kind of high quality gold plated locking nut - you can sometimes find some decent generic floyd ones for $20 but a real gold floyd rose nut is going to cost you at least $30.
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Aren't the Kahler ones brass? At least my old BCR Wave has the deluxe flip-locks and they're brass.
                              The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Working...
                              X