007.'s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 007.'s?

Where can I get sets of .007 guage strings? DO they make them??

1 word.... why?!?!?!?!
    My music:
    www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

I've never seen anything lighter than 08's in my lifetime.

Comment

I found a pait of 007's once. Can't recall who - LaBella? Black Diamond?
        Anyhoo, they were incredibly thin and broke very easily when bending.

Unless you're playing on a guitar with very narrow and tall frets and fully scalloped neck and play with a feather-light touch, I'd say avoid them. They are very easy to bend outof tune just pressing them against the frets.

You will definitely get lower action with them, but you will have absolutely zero useable tone from them. But if you're using EMGs and a scooped Triple Rec, no one will notice
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

La Bella makes / made .007s, and european manufacturer Pyramid used to make strings even down to .005. Not sure about current availability, as I haven´t built an instrument requiring those guages in years....

@ Guyver:
          1. not everybody has your hands or mine, some just prefer very light guages.
          2. Alternate tunungs, in this case most likely above standard.
          3. The use of strings with ball ends is not limited to guitar

Comment

I use .008's, but I feel like I might want to go lighter if I could.... thanks for the info!

Comment

Just curious, Burn, what kind of music do you play? For me personally, my pick attack can sometimes be really strong, and so if I go into a bend and pick the upper strings, I'd always break .009s. I think, though, like using a thin pick as opposed to a fat one with no flexiblity, small strings could have big advantages.

Cheers,
              Nick

Comment

I play classical, and quite a bit of metal, ala Jason becker, Symphony X, etc.
                But I can keep a set of .008's on my carvin forever, I never ever break them!
                I do break the E on my Flying V though, but thats due to a sharp bridge saddle.
                Also, I use Dunlop Jazz 3 picks, small and thick. People tell me i'm crazy for that shit, too....

Comment

That's really cool. I tried out those Jazz 3 picks for a while, they were nifty. If your saddle is sharp, usually a little fine sandpaper will work to remove any of those rough edges. I just folded it in half, scrubbed a little bit right in the saddle, and because my strings wore off the black coating on my saddle anyway, it wasn't any problem to use the sandpaper on it.

Cheers,
                  Nick

Comment

Thanks for the info man! I've actually been meaning to do that for months, but I just now got around to wiring up the pickups in it, all I play now a days is my carvin! I can't use anything but the jazz 3's now.

Comment

Working...
                    X