Which pots for Les Paul?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which pots for Les Paul?

I went to change the knobs on my les paul special and I discovered something bad. The previous owner had jammed on a set of black speed knobs meant for thin shaft pots onto the brass thick split shaft pots on the guitar. I was able to carefully re-spread 2 of the pot shafts to wotk fine but 2 of them had half the shaft broken off. So I need to replace them. Is there a source for the original type that have gibson stamped on the bottom? These are the short shaft ones. I need one volume and one tone. These are 500k? Are they audio or linear taper. Oh, and big thanks to SGplayer for sending me the gold knobs for nothing but shipping.

Get a pot upgrade kit from rsguitarworks.com.Tell them what you have and they will tell you which kit will work the best for your application.The pots are custom taper CTS pots and the caps are Hovland/RS and are the finest caps on the market.These kits are the very best hands down.
    I have installed these kits for a lot of people and not one was dissapointed.Go do a search on the L.P.forum and read all about these kits.Its the best money spent on a Gibby.You will have killer tone.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

CTS 500k.. audio taper are stock les paul pots.

Comment

500 K pots . Audio the volume jump will be between 7-10 Linear will have a slow increase from 1-10

Comment

Yes CTS 500K / Gibson with Humbuckers = 500k
          http://guitarelectronics.zoovy.com/c...s.2controlpots

Comment

Thanks. Ive got a couple of 500k cts audio taper pots on the way. Installed the zebra Super distortion tonight too. I have an old Dimarzio paf for the neck but its all cream. Anyone ever "created" their own zebra with paint or sharpie? Do they make a cover for just half the pickup?

Comment

"Anyone ever "created" their own zebra with paint or sharpie? Do they make a cover for just half the pickup?"

It's possiable? stick a few sheets of paper in between and paint away then maybe some clear to hold it?

Comment

Bobbin toppers!
                http://www.universaljems.com/cart/bobbin.htm
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks Toe. I knew I saw that once somewhere. I'll give it a try.

Comment

Working...
                  X