EMG Wiring (2 Vol, 1 toggle)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMG Wiring (2 Vol, 1 toggle)

Hey guys. Me with another random help question... I'm trying to install two EMG's into my guitar. Two clip / quick release (whatever the hell they're called) EMG's (81 and 85), each one has a white wire and a red wire. I found a 2 volume, 1 toggle schmatic that I'm trying to work from. Check it here...

Can anyone tell off of the top of their head if this schmatic would even work?

I have it wired up (to look exactly like the above schematic) but it isn't working. With the battery plugged in and the guitar plugged in all the way I get nothing, dead silent... With the battery removed only buzzing. With the battery in and the cable partially unplugged, only buzzing...

Is the schematic flawed? Do I have some dead pots?

Any help is appreciated.

I always assumed the white wire from the clip got soldered on the back of the pot & then connected to one of the outer points on the 3 way toggle? from the diagrams on the EMG website it looks pretty much similar to what you have done minus the tone pot they include. I assume you grounded from the jack socket black wire & from the 3 way toggle? I had a problem like this but when it came down to it i'd pulled the clip a little to hard when soldering the braid to the pot which had caused the clip to come loose from the 3 prongs on the underside of the pickup. Have you tried emailing the tech i got a quick response from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Nevermore
      I always assumed the white wire from the clip got soldered on the back of the pot & then connected to one of the outer points on the 3 way toggle? from the diagrams on the EMG website it looks pretty much similar to what you have done minus the tone pot they include. I assume you grounded from the jack socket black wire & from the 3 way toggle? I had a problem like this but when it came down to it i'd pulled the clip a little to hard when soldering the braid to the pot which had caused the clip to come loose from the 3 prongs on the underside of the pickup. Have you tried emailing the tech i got a quick response from them.
      Hmm. I'll e-mail them, they'll hopefully answer my question about the diagram. Thanks.

Comment

Try this:

Solder the white wires from the EMG to the center tabs on the volume pots

Then solder a wire from the left tab of the volume pots to the 3 way switch

Comment

Working...
        X