dang blasted Nitro-Cellulos finish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dang blasted Nitro-Cellulos finish

I have a nice creamy aged White LP Studio. Wore a blue Tie Dye shirt one night at practice and now about 1/2 of the back of my LP is a "nice" shade of blue. It went right into the finish. Sigh....

Matt

Put on a white shirt and start playing it some.

Comment

That sucks!!!! Same thing happened to a Les Paul I used to own. The body binding on the back turned pink from a red shirt it was wearing.

Comment

Actually the dyed case linings and shrouds have been reported to tint the finish/binding as well.

It makes no diffy to me - my LP Standard is Trans Red, and the case lining is pink, so any osmosis will simply serve to enhance the color
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Send it to me if you don't want it.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Matt, serves you right for wearing a tye dye shirt. Who do you think you are... Jerry Garcia??

Comment

Matt try the virtuoso cleaner. It's supposed to be made specifically for nitro finishes. It works great on poly. The polish sucks but the cleaner is killer. From what I have read a lot of color comes out on the cloth when using it. Doesn't screw up the finish but apparently removes all the crap that gets down in there.
              We must!
              We must!
              We must increase the bust!
              The bigger the better!
              The tighter the sweater!
              The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Working...
              X