X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• awesome guitar polish

www.zainostore.com

Giant picture of my guitar with two coats of it:

Good stuff! The more you put on, the deeper the gloss gets... going to hit it a few more times then get some pics in the sun where it really shows.

Pete

"I can see myself!"
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

it'll look 10x better in sunlight. It's some slick stuff!

Pete

Comment

Zaino is awesome. Works great on cars too

-a

Comment

Originally posted by HoWheels
          Works great on cars too
          And I'd stick to just using it on cars too...
          The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Damnit, I shouldn't have sold my Custom-22...

Comment

Nice. Thanks Pete. I've tried the virtuoso stuff. The cleaner works great but the polish sucks. I'll give this stuff a try.
              We must!
              We must!
              We must increase the bust!
              The bigger the better!
              The tighter the sweater!
              The boys are counting on us!

Comment

which zaino product did you use? the one for clear coats or for regular paint?
                Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctuary
                  And I'd stick to just using it on cars too...
                  By all means, share your knowledge of paint chemistry with us. FYI, I've used it on guitars since '99 with no problems.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel
                    which zaino product did you use? the one for clear coats or for regular paint?
                    Z5 on guitars that have some slight swirls/scratches, then Z2. Yes, it's for cars, works great on guitars too.

Pete

Comment

Thanks for the tip. I was going to use it on some of my old classic cars, but it looks great on guitars to
                      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

As a detailer I'm not that big on Zaino. It hasnt got the heart and soul of regular products, and just seem sterile and lifeless. The EMG of the detailing world. Give me a nice Carnauba 'Duncan '59' Wax any day.

That said I'm keen to try EMG's so never say never

Since I got my guitar painted at a auto body shop I buffed up my guitar after wetsanding it with car products (sonus polishes) and it shows! Much deeper then normal finishes. Its been a year so I'll hit it with some actual (menzerna) polish and glaze and wax (p21s) and we'll have a shine off!

Comment

Pete told me years ago how he used Zaino on guitars. I'd spoken to Sal on a few occasions, he said if it had paint, it'd shine/protect it.

Lately, I've been using the fender/meg's spray only. But from time to time some Z6/Z5 goes on my axes.

Comment

I use this stuff on my guitars. Excellent polish. One sheet will do all of my guitars. I usually pull one sheet half way out and cut it in half as one whole sheet for one or two guiatrs is just a waste, but this is some great stuff.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...Kit?sku=421313
                            Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps
                              By all means, share your knowledge of paint chemistry with us. FYI, I've used it on guitars since '99 with no problems.

Pete
                              Pete, I can tell you why it should not be used on guitars. It makes the finish so shiny that the string vibrations can just reflect off of the guitar rather than being absorbed and shaped by the wood, hardware, and electronics. I've even seen cases where the guitar was rendered useless because it wouldn't even put out a signal any more. At that point all you can do is replace the body. If it's a neck-thru, you're screwed.
                              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
                              X