Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help ID singlecoil pickups

Hi guys,

I bought a strathead Kramer Pacer recently that has a S-S-S configuration. "The Pacer" model. However, it came with pickups I cannot identify. (These don't seem to be the Schallers a Pacer should be loaded with) The most prominent features are a metal baseplate and also the fact that they seem to be three conductor: red is hot and I believe white and black are both ground.

Any ideas on what these may be? They sound pretty cool for singlecoils.

Thanks!
    George
    kramerforum.com

Look like Korean Fender singles circa 86-87.I have a set and they are very nice sounding pickups.They have the sparkle like the older Jap Fender singles.Cool ass pacer.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Thanks straycat. Korean Fenders eh? Out they must go then! I'll do some more digging--if anyone else has thoughts, let me know guys.

George

Comment

Shaller pickups Thats a Rockinger trem so it's about a 83.

Comment

Yeah im thinking the old Schaller pups. Some of those had metal base plates. I dont remeber which ones exactly but i do remember seeing some like that.
          Gil

Comment

Thanks guys! Truthfully, I've never seen Schaller singles with a metal baseplate, so I am thinking these aren't Schallers. I also do have some Schaller singles on my other Kramers and they are all two-conductor.. Here's the Schaller singles I've seen in some other Kramers.

You may be right though, I'll keep diggin.'

George
            Last edited by AimingHigh; 09-07-2006, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Off topic, but I don't remember seeing that type of headstock logo on the Pacers.
              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Mark, the logo is ok.
                Here are most of my other Pacers, all with that logo. I know I am an addict.
                George
                kramerforum.com

Comment

Got Pacer?
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

What's a Pacer?

George

Comment

Those metal bottom singles are IDENTICAL to the Korean Fender ones that I have.Mine are great thats why I kept them.

Comment

straycat, thanks amigo. I've gotten a few different responses on this, with some people even saying these aren't singles at all because they have an extra lead for hum canceling.
                        Another item I found odd about this pickup is the way the magnets are positioned--I am no single coil expert, but it looks interesting to me. Here's a diagram--pardon the shoddy drawing, I'm no artiste. Maybe this could help someone confirm what it is. The color coding and the 3-conductor setup doesn't seem like Fender to me..

George

Comment

Well mine have 2 leads and are 6.7,7.7 and8.3 DC and have staggerd polepieces.They do appear slightly taller than a stock single but are not hum cancelling.
                          Just another oddball pickup.
                          They might be a Gotoh who knows?

Comment

Yeah, it's all good. There's a sea of single-coil pickups out there. These measure 7.47, 7.43, 7.43 . Oh well.

George

Comment

Working...
                            X