headstock allen wrench holders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headstock allen wrench holders?

hey guys ive been looking to get one of those allen wrench holders that are screwed onto the back of the headstock of the higher end floyded guitars. has anyone ever screwed one of these into say, an rr3 headstock? im super afraid of f*cking up my headstock so any help? and i know nazgul is interested in this too so

As long as the screw isn't too long and you drill a pilot hole you should be fine.

Comment

Just get a Trem Tool. They made these in the '80s, I got one and put it on the back of my Kramer's headstock. It's got 3M adhesive stuck on the back of it, works great. They're $6.79 at this site. http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/tools.htm
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Last edited by texasfury; 09-23-2008, 03:48 PM.
        Just a guitar player...

Comment

Not to mention those screw-on types are dangerous to the guitar. I got a Warrior once that had one of those things on it and when the Samsonite Apes dropped it, the head snapped completely in two, right where the wrench would rest against the back of the head.

Go with the sticky thing or just keep the wrenches in a baggie in the case.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

awesome thanks alot guys ill definately look into getting one of those.

Comment

I actually prefer the schaller made holders to the Tremtools.

1. Less bulky
              2. much less likely to lose in the heat of battle

Comment

Guitars aren't meant to be tool chests. Just keeep the freakin' allen wrenches in the case. :P

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon
                  Guitars aren't meant to be tool chests. Just keeep the freakin' allen wrenches in the case. :P
                  too bad i dont have a case or a gig bag for it

Comment

Allen wrench holders on the headstock are for people who only have one guitar and no tools.
                    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I actually made mine. I used some plexiglass as the holder, shaped it, rounded the edges, drilled and tapped the screwholes (one for mounting it, and one for a retainer bolt for each allen wrench.), as well as drilling for the allen wrench storage holes. From there, I hit it with some Bulldog Adhesion Promoter, and finally, a topcoat of satin black. All in all, they came out quite nice, and cost me pennies.
                      I'm not Ron!

Comment

anyone got a model/part no. for this sticky version key holder so i can order it? i keep putting my allum keys down and take forever to find them again...
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002
                          Allen wrench holders on the headstock are for people who only have one guitar and no tools.
                          Increased headstock mass = increased tone!

-a

Comment

I prefer the holders that are connected with screws.. strongest and best indeed for any guitar. I have them on a few of my jacksons and they are the best there is.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002
                              If I have a trem-equipped guitar, an allen holder goes on, regardless of how many I have.

I'm not Ron!

Comment

Working...
                              X