Dave Mustaine Livewire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Mustaine Livewire

Has anyone got a set of these installed? I'm thinking about swapping out my EMG 81/85 for them. Soundclips would be useful (does anyone have any with just the bridge pick-up by itself)

These don't sound anything like EMG's. Much more lively without the somewhat sterile sound the EMG's can give. If EMG's are your thing, these aren't the pickups for you.
    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

well this is my first guitar so iv'e never tried anything other than the emg 81/85, thats why i want to hear some soundclips incase i like them better.

Comment

here is a link to a rather long review of them on harmony central that i didnt read

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...ivewire+review

have fun with that and the best of luck with the swap

Comment

Just for Information´s sake (in case you´re boycotting chinese products), the circuit boards in these are verifiably made in China.

Here is the post from Evan Skopp confirming this: http://www.seymourduncan.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=83506

Not necessarily good nor bad for the pickups, and they´re wound and assembled in the USA, but still information that may be deemed important by interested parties

Comment

hmm still no clips hu? Could anyone who has them tell me if they act like EMG's, by that i mean the way the make both good and bad guitars sound average. I'm after something that will compliment the wood and the quality of the guitar. No point spending $4000 on a custom shop to put some sterile pickups in it and make it sound like a $1000 korean guitar.

Comment

The DM Livewire set is just a Jazz and a JB set with a little bit more output.
              I have a set of these, they sound nothing like EMGs.

Comment

Originally posted by piranhaguy2002a
                How about the clarity thing?
                Check my bands!
                www.myspace.com/magicktr
                www.myspace.com/sinif64
                www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine
                  How about the clarity thing?
                  the DM set is a more clarity JB and jazz set, both have more headroom and output as well
                  I still dont think that a longtime JB/jazz lover will take these over the passive versions because it seems no matter what the actives lose a certian mojo the passives have?
                  the passives "breath" a lot more
                  If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Originally posted by piranhaguy2002a
                    Actually, they're not supposed to be based on the JB/Jazz set at all.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
                      Actually, they're not supposed to be based on the JB/Jazz set at all.
                      toejam according to evan at duncan
                      dave mustaine wanted to keep the JB/jazz tone but have more output and no HF loss and have them be more quiet
                      also read this,
                      http://www.seymourduncan.com/news/da...ne_model.shtml
                      If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Heh. I could have sworn I read on the Duncan forum somewhere that someone said they weren't. Guess I need to go there more often.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
                          Heh. I could have sworn I read on the Duncan forum somewhere that someone said they weren't. Guess I need to go there more often.
                          no biggie but i still think the passive set will remain the biggest seller

Comment

Working...
                          X