pup issues!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pup issues!

My single pickups in my sl1 started to hiss as lot, and aren't as loud as they should be! I got an 81 in the bridge that's working just fine, but when I switch my 5 way blade to my singles, the sound gets cut in half, and I start getting tons of hiss?? Is it the pups, switch, wiring, preamp??
    I love admins!

are they EMG singles, or are they passives? if they are passives, and you have them hooked up to the EMG circuit they wont work correctly. you need a different circuit to run them on.

if they are EMGs as well, you may need to check the wiring (i had this happen recently...wire came loose at the volume pot), battery connection...just go over it with a fine toothed comb. if you cant find it in the wiring/switching, the pickups may be bad.

but like i said, if you have passive singles in it, they wont work with the EMG pots, etc.
    My metal band Lucian Scott
    Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
    Available Now!
    New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

If you have passive single coils, EMG does sell a curcuits that will fix your problem. they recomend the EMG PA-2 circuit, but they have others they'll work. you can't go from a 500k pot to the 25k pot with passive pickups. Replace the single coils with EMG SA's or get one of their circuits. EMG has this as an issue in their support page.

Comment

Actually it turned out to be an amp issue! Nevermind! Thanks though guys!
        I love admins!

Comment

Working...
        X