Modified my DX10's JT-580...info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modified my DX10's JT-580...info

after reading the Tremelo Info Project (i forgot the guy's JCF name...sorry!!) i saw that the Schaller collar and arm could be retrofitted to some Jackson floyds...i have a 580 on the Dinky and the collar continually came loose and the arm did not stay tight, other than that im completely happy with it. so i decided to order the arm and collar (Schaller) and some locking nut screws (i stripped one like an idiot! and its always good to have backups!) and they came today. the screws fit fine, and the collar goes on with no problem, and the arm stays tight and screwed down...now floyd flutters are no problem. before the arm was too loose even screwed down completely and it would counteract the wobble of the trem and i couldnt do the flutters i want to LOL

now i just gotta get a set for my RR3 and upgrade it... just thought other JT-580 and 580 LP owners would like to know that this upgrade goes on with no hassle and works perfectly!
    My metal band Lucian Scott
    Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
    Available Now!
    New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

yeah, I figured that out myself too when I tried to put gold schaller arm on my chrome jt580lp to see how gold trem arm on chrome bridge would look like LOL.

Anyway, that site is from Hendrik aka jackson1 .

BTW, did you see his other stuff? There's nice RR1 vs Rhoads pro comparison on there and almost all of the jackson catalog scans .

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul
      yeah, I figured that out myself too when I tried to put gold schaller arm on my chrome jt580lp to see how gold trem arm on chrome bridge would look like LOL.

Anyway, that site is from Hendrik aka jackson1 .

BTW, did you see his other stuff? There's nice RR1 vs Rhoads pro comparison on there and almost all of the jackson catalog scans .
      yea ive checked out quite a bit of his stuff...i sent my buddy in Lucian Scott a link to that stuff since hes a Jackson whore as well (and he got me into being a Jackson whore LOL) so much cool stuff...i have to say i really appreciate people like him who put the effort into putting all that info on the net for us lowly mortals of the guitar world LOL
      Available Now!
      New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Comment

thanks. now i'll order a couple schaller collars and arms for my jt580's. i got a dx10dfs and wrmg, and the arms don't take very long to swing loose, especially with pull-ups.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi
          thanks. now i'll order a couple schaller collars and arms for my jt580's. i got a dx10dfs and wrmg, and the arms don't take very long to swing loose, especially with pull-ups.
          i think youll be happy with the results...it really makes the trem work better when the arm has no play in it...plus, the arm will stay where you put it so you will always know where it is! LOL i should have ordered 2 and done both guitars at the same time, but this was a test run so i didnt want to be out for 2 arms and collars...but ill get another one soon for the Rhoads.
          Available Now!
          New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Comment

saves me buying a frikkin ofr (200 bastard pounds over here) :Shock:
            Last edited by wilkinsi; 08-30-2006, 04:14 PM.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I've done that on a few JT-6's works great!
              METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

saves me buying a frikkin ofr (200 bastard pounds over here) :Shock:
                man, they are about 180 here or so (dollars)...a schaller is 200+! ill say this honestly...ive never played on an OFR or Schaller floyd, but i like my 580's just fine, because they stay in tune! LOL so i see no need to upgrade at the moment or for the near future...this upgrade just made the trem that much better IMO. so, do this mod and hopefully you'll like your trem a lot more afterwards!
                Available Now!
                New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonaxes
                  I've done that on a few JT-6's works great!
                  thanks for the backup!
                  Available Now!
                  New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Comment

Originally posted by soc_monki
                    man, they are about 180 here or so (dollars)...a schaller is 200+! ill say this honestly...ive never played on an OFR or Schaller floyd, but i like my 580's just fine, because they stay in tune! LOL so i see no need to upgrade at the moment or for the near future...this upgrade just made the trem that much better IMO. so, do this mod and hopefully you'll like your trem a lot more afterwards!
                    either i'm unlucky or just a dumb ass (or both). mine never stay in tune, but then i never tighten the locking nuts. well duh, i should make a start. i still need to get those collars, and it looks like a mail order job to me.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

either i'm unlucky or just a dumb ass (or both). mine never stay in tune, but then i never tighten the locking nuts. well duh, i should make a start. i still need to get those collars, and it looks like a mail order job to me.
                      yea...heres how i tune mine etc...i usually put something behind the trem so it will stay nearly level (i used a pencil wrapped in electrical tape yesterday...thinking of making something out of cardboard so it will be softer...and i have plenty of it LOL) undo the locking nut and take the clamps off, slack the strings and undo the clamps at the bridge, remove strings. then i clean everything (fretboard etc...) and put the new strings on (slack).

put the clamps back (loose), remove whatever is holding the trem up, tune the guitar, wiggle the strings and retune (to get them tight around the tuning peg...ive found theres no real need for "stretching"). after its tuned, i lock the nut, then whammy the crap out of the trem and check tuning. if its REALLY out (which it may be...but usually not), ill unlock the nut, retune, re-lock the nut, and then use only the fine tuners.

i only have to fine tune once in a while when i do this. i used the DX10 yesterday and used the bar quite a bit and it stayed in tune, and the RR3 stays in tune nearly perfect (aside from weather changes...just went from really hot and humid to a pretty cool and comfortable...so i had to retune LOL)

there are lots of ways to do the tuning procedure...this is just what works for me.
                      Available Now!
                      New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Comment

well, a small local shop has agreed to look out for some of those shaller collars. should hear something next week. i got twunt control to phone AllParts and he could only get an answer machine at 2pm on a frikkin friday.
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Hey, I'm glad you guys find the site useful. Good to hear the collar swap worked out.
                          Henrik
                          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I think I might try this too. The arm on my trem(580) never stays put and comes loose after a small bit of use. I find it keeps tune well though.

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1
                              Hey, I'm glad you guys find the site useful. Good to hear the collar swap worked out.
                              thanks for having that site it has helped me a bunch...and i think im gonna go looking around at the trems right now lol
                              Available Now!
                              New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Comment

Working...
                              X